Action for Children Administrative Officer
Closing Date: 17/05/2023
Location: Enniskillen, County Fermanagh
Contract Type: Permanent
Contract/Hours: Permanent / Part-Time – 28 hours per week (preferably working over 5 days)
Benefits: 29 days annual leave PLUS bank holidays, Blue Light card, excellent training and developments opportunities, professional qualifications, excellent training and development opportunities, flexible maternity, adoption and paternity packages, up to 7% employer contribution pension, discount portal with your favourite brands.
Vulnerable children in the UK need your help
Wherever you work in the Action for Children family, you’ll be helping to change the lives of the most vulnerable children in the UK.
Last year, we helped more than 670,000 children and families across the UK. From direct work in communities to national campaigning, we are focused on making sure every child has a safe and happy childhood, and the foundations they need to thrive.
Why Action for Children?
Working here is more than a job. Everyone in the Action for Children family is passionate about protecting and supporting children. It’s the sense of purpose that drives us every single day. Because we know that, when we work together, we can make a huge difference to bring lasting improvements to vulnerable children’s lives.
A bit about the role
Our Rossorry Grove Supported Accommodation is a purpose built 13 apartment supported accommodation service for young people who were homeless or at risk of becoming so. We work with young people aged 16 to 25 years, many of whom have been in care and / or struggle with significant mental health concerns and substance misuse issues.
Each young person will have their own self-contained flat and is staffed around the clock with a fabulous, committed team who work closely with our young people to support their development of independent living skills and enable them to move safely in the community.
We’re looking for an experienced Administrative Officer to come and join our fantastic, committed team. You’ll be a key team player, acting as the face of the service, welcoming all internal and external visitors and ensuring visitors experience is welcoming and professional. You’ll have great attention to detail and able to provide a wide range of administrative services effectively and efficiently.
How you’ll help to create brighter futures
We are looking for someone who is highly organised working to tight deadlines that will be flexible to meet the needs of the service. Some key responsibilities of the role are;
- Organising and progressing the full range of activities associated with the management of business meetings, ensuring efficient and effective planning for a single or series of meetings.
- Providing written and financial reports to meet the needs of management reporting in line with regulatory standards.
- Undertaking desktop research on behalf of colleagues and management for presentation and analysis.
- Retaining up-to-date and accurate records of financial transactions and contributing to income and expenditure reporting, referring to budget and financial information systems.
Let’s talk about you
- Business Administration Diploma Level 2 or equivalent qualification or work experience.
- Experience of using PCs on a business network running MS Windows and Office, along with Email and Internet and specific business applications i.e. finance.
- Experience of providing a confidential, professional service and to work flexibly to meet the demands of the role.
- To be able to work within a team environment, demonstrating tact and diplomacy with other members of staff and where necessary to direct and guide.
- Effective communication, written and oral to a range of different personnel.
Good to know
There are five sections to complete: Personal Details, CV, Supporting Statement & Information, Equality & Diversity, Submission & Declaration.
We know talent when we see it. But sometimes we find the right person but not for the right job. We’d love to keep your details for when the right job comes up. Let us know if you’d rather we didn’t.
Contact: If, for any reason, you need support with your application, please contact Laura McCarthy at Laura.McCarthy2@actionforchildren.org.uk. We’ll be happy to give you any support you require.
Don’t meet every single requirement?
If you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with the job description, we’d love you to apply anyway. You might just be the perfect person for this role, or another role within the Action for Children family.
Want to know more about Action for Children?
Find us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook or YouTube to get to know us better.
You can find full details and apply for the role at the following link: Action for Children Careers