Closing Date: 31/05/2022
Contract Type: Permanent
Our Finance Administrator will be responsible for the provision of day-to-day financial support services to the organisation. They will support the Head of Business Services by ensuring the smooth running of our finance function, using the provided accounting software and associated applications.
- Maintain accurate manual and computerised financial records, ensuring that information is processed in accordance with agreed policies and procedures.
- Process all financial transactions and manage the sales and purchase ledgers in accordance with agreed policies and controls.
- Ensure that all income and expenditure is properly allocated and/or apportioned to agreed cost centres within the established chart of accounts.
- Prepare the monthly payroll for processing.
- Assist the Head of Business Services in ensuring effective pensions administration.
- Prepare and process on-line bank payments for approval, including suppliers, salaries and associated payments, staff expenses and RTI to HMRC.
- Submit VAT returns to HMRC in accordance with current VAT legislation, as required.
- Regularly reconcile all bank accounts, petty cash and credit card accounts in line with agreed procedures.• Assist the Head of Business Services to maintain accurate project and management accounts.
- Assist the Head of Business Services and other managers by providing financial information to facilitate the completion of funding applications/contracts and the provision of financial reports to project funders.
- Submit grant claims to project funders as directed.
- Maintain files for each funder and liaise as required with relevant funders in relation to grant claims, vouching and queries arising from claims in liaison with the Head of Business Services.
- Respond to routine financial enquiries from staff/customers/suppliers.
- Support the Head of Business Services in responding to queries from external Auditors, Insurers, Bankers, Companies House and other relevant agencies.
- Assist the Head of Business Services in liaising with contractors for the supply and maintenance of resources and services.
- Assist as required with the completion of year-end accounts and audit.
- Maintain and demonstrate high levels of integrity and confidentiality in all areas of this role.
- Act in accordance with the agreed values of the organisation, including Equal Opportunities and Health & Safety policies.
- Participate in agreed supervision and performance management schemes.
- Create, develop and maintain effective internal and external working relationships.
- Contribute to a positive, supportive, and effective team working environment.
- Adhere to and contribute to the review and development of policies and procedures.
- Undertake any other duties, consistent with the post, which may from time to time be required by the Head of Business Services/ Chief Executive Officer.
The duties of the post will be subject to review in accordance with the needs of the organisation.