Head of Business Services
Closing Date: 25/04/2022
Contract Type: Permanent
Our Head of Business Services will be at the centre of our organisation.
They will manage all key office processes and systems including finance, IT and HR and ensure Homeless Connect is effectively governed.
- Support the organisation to be effective, efficient, and economical, to comply with regulatory and legal requirements and to appropriately manage operational risk.
- Set up, implement, and manage key operational systems including HR, Finance, IT, Facilities and Legal ensuring the smooth running of all day-to-day processes.
- Manage relationships and contracts with partners, suppliers and funders ensuring all reporting is timely and high quality.
- Oversee the procurement of legal services as required.
- Ensure organisational policies and procedures are reviewed and updated on a regular basis.
- Ensure all finance systems are up to date and fit for purpose including incoming invoices and purchase orders, procurements processes etc.
- Liaising with Accountants to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Working with the Chief Executive to support the business planning, budgeting cycle and fundraising applications.
- Providing and interpreting financial information, analysing variances, advising, and reporting on factors influencing organisational performance.
- Ensure appropriate financial management information is reported to the senior team and the Board of Directors.
- Lead and advise on HR processes including recruitment, induction, performance management, reward and recognition.
- Ensure smooth and integrated HR processes throughout the organisation.
- Develop and maintain HR policies which support a healthy, happy, and harmonious working culture.
- Promote a healthy and positive working environment and contribute as part of a small team to the growth and success of the organisation.
- Undertaking line management responsibilities.
- Ensure statutory compliance to the Charity Commission and Companies House.
- Working with the Chief Executive Officer and senior team, co-ordinate the updating of the organisation’s risk register.
- Document and maintain internal controls.
- Maintain a reporting structure and associated transparency.
- Act as the organisation’s health and safety and GDPR lead.
- Provide full support and administration to the Board of Directors and its committees including preparing and distributing agendas and other papers.
- Ensure the organisation’s internal records, including Board Director records and general filing are updated and maintained to a high standard.
- Adhere to all compliance and confidentiality policies, ensuring all legislative, requirements are met.
- Carryout duties in line with the organisation’s policy on equality and diversity.
- Contribute to a positive, supportive, and effective team working environment.
- Undertake any other relevant duties as identified by the Chief Executive Officer.
Completed applications and monitoring forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before 12 noon on Monday 25th April 2022.