Head of Business Services
Closing Date: 25/04/2022
Contract Type: Permanent
- Support the organisation to be effective, efficient, and economical, to comply with regulatory and legal requirements and to appropriately manage operational risk.
- Set up, implement, and manage key operational systems including HR, Finance, IT, Facilities and Legal ensuring the smooth running of all day-to-day processes.
- Manage relationships and contracts with partners, suppliers and funders ensuring all reporting is timely and high quality.
- Oversee the procurement of legal services as required.
- Ensure organisational policies and procedures are reviewed and updated on a regular basis.
- Ensure all finance systems are up to date and fit for purpose including incoming invoices and purchase orders, procurements processes etc.
- Liaising with Accountants to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Working with the Chief Executive to support the business planning, budgeting cycle and fundraising applications.
- Providing and interpreting financial information, analysing variances, advising, and reporting on factors influencing organisational performance.
- Ensure appropriate financial management information is reported to the senior team and the Board of Directors.
- Lead and advise on HR processes including recruitment, induction, performance management, reward and recognition.
- Ensure smooth and integrated HR processes throughout the organisation.
- Develop and maintain HR policies which support a healthy, happy, and harmonious working culture.
- Promote a healthy and positive working environment and contribute as part of a small team to the growth and success of the organisation.
- Undertaking line management responsibilities.
- Ensure statutory compliance to the Charity Commission and Companies House.
- Working with the Chief Executive Officer and senior team, co-ordinate the updating of the organisation’s risk register.
- Document and maintain internal controls.
- Maintain a reporting structure and associated transparency.
- Act as the organisation’s health and safety and GDPR lead.
- Provide full support and administration to the Board of Directors and its committees including preparing and distributing agendas and other papers.
- Ensure the organisation’s internal records, including Board Director records and general filing are updated and maintained to a high standard.
- Adhere to all compliance and confidentiality policies, ensuring all legislative, requirements are met.
- Carryout duties in line with the organisation’s policy on equality and diversity.
- Contribute to a positive, supportive, and effective team working environment.
- Undertake any other relevant duties as identified by the Chief Executive Officer.
Completed applications and monitoring forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before 12 noon on Monday 25th April 2022.