Lived Experience Co-ordinator
Closing Date: 28/10/2022
Location: Mallusk (Hybrid Working)
Contract Type: Temporary
Job Purpose: Working with the Homeless Connect team to co-ordinate a new network of people with lived experience of homelessness in Northern Ireland. The Co-ordinator will support the involvement of people with lived experience of homelessness in the development of policy and strategy, with a focus on the homelessness strategy. Working with a wide range of people from different backgrounds, the Co-ordinator will help to create change and make a difference, giving people a say in how services are developed, planned and delivered.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
1. Facilitate the development and delivery of a network of people with lived experience of homelessness from across Northern Ireland.
2. Build positive and collaborative relationships with people who have lived experience of homelessness.
3. Build positive and collaborative relationships with statutory and Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) service providers.
4. Co-ordinate meetings of the Homelessness Lived Experience Group, including, regular meetings with the Northern Ireland Housing Executive.
5. Communicate views and issues raised by the Homelessness Lived Experience Group through presentations and representation at meetings as required.
6. Facilitate the group’s response to relevant consultations, research, and involvement opportunities.
7. Maintain and coordinate key administrative processes including report writing, minute taking and record keeping.
8. Identify training and development needs of the group and organise appropriate training/events.
9. Carry out duties in line with the organisation’s policy on equality and diversity.
10. Contribute to a positive, supportive, and effective team working environment.
11. Actively participate in supervision, appraisals, work planning and training as required.
12. Undertake any other relevant duties as identified by the Line Manager/CEO.
The duties of the post will be subject to review in accordance with the needs of the organisation.
Applications for secondment are welcome.
To be considered your completed application form must be returned no later than 12 noon Friday 28th October 2022.
Job Description and Person Specification