RSUN Services Coordinator
Closing Date: 31/01/2022
Contract Type: Permanent
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Develop relationships and support statutory and voluntary service agencies to develop their capacity to ensure the views of service users, the issues that affect them, and/or their active involvement in policy and service development is encouraged.
- Support the development of service users, through equipping them with the skills and capacity to participate in relevant groups.
- Openness and flexibility for adapting to the needs and views of service users.
- Support the role of peer mentors within RSUN.
- Provide opportunities for service users to share their views and experiences, by participating at a level that suits their needs.
- Provide support, information and advice to existing service user groups, and assist in the generation of new ones, particularly in areas where none exist.
- Be responsible for setting up regular meetings of local networks and the regional network, guided by requirements of service users.
- Chair RSUN meetings and take minutes when required.
- Develop mechanisms to agree service user representatives to sit on relevant regional groups and provide support to representatives to meet the tasks required of them.
- Raise awareness of service user groups as appropriate.
- Meet regularly with service user groups to identify information and support needs.
- Provide information on consultations and advise on responding to them.
- Monitor and assess involvement of service users involved in regional network activities to ensure their involvement is at a level suited to their capabilities.
- Identify regional training needs and organise appropriate training.