Senior Warehouse Operative
Closing Date: 13/05/2022
Contract Type: Permanent
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Allocate and supervise staff and volunteers to sort, receive and deliver orders.
- Ensure orders are distributed correctly to recipient organisations.
- Ensure goods are checked in and out in accordance with warehouse system and records are accurately maintained, in particular checking supplies throughout as directed.
- Assist with the recruitment, training and development of volunteers within the warehouse as required.
- Drive a van to various collection and delivery points throughout Northern Ireland.
- Comply with security and safety of the vehicle on site, on the road and in the warehouse, ensuring all vehicle checks are carried out so that vehicles are mechanically operational and roadworthy.
- Contribute to planning and implementation of warehouse operations and systems change.
- Ensure the service is delivered in accordance with Homeless Connect Policy and procedures.
- Ensure that all health and safety procedures are followed as instructed and that volunteers are properly inducted to Health and Safety procedures
- Maintain good relations and communications in all contracts with recipient projects
- Carry out any other duties necessary in the light of the main purpose of the post
- Carryout duties in line with the organisation’s policy on equality and diversity.
- Contribute to a positive, supportive, and effective team working environment.
- Actively participate in supervision, appraisals, work planning and training as required.
- Undertake any other relevant duties as identified by the Head of Business Services/CEO.
The duties of the post will be subject to review in accordance with the needs of the organisation.
Completed applications and monitoring forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or submitted using the form below before 12 noon on Friday 13 May 2022.