Service Coordinator – Regional Service Users Network (RSUN)
Closing Date: 10/06/2022
Contract Type: Permanent
Under the direction of the Project Manager the post holder will enhance the involvement of adult service users with lived/living experience of problematic substance use, in policy development and strategic planning of drug and alcohol services in Belfast, South Eastern & Southern Trusts areas. Working with a wide range of people from different backgrounds, the Services Co-ordinator will help to create change and make a difference, giving people a say in how services are planned, delivered, and developed.
We welcome applications from those interested in secondment opportunities.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Work as part of the RSUN team alongside the Project Manager to develop the network.
- Contribute to the support and development of peer mentors within RSUN.
- Raise awareness of RSUN and service user groups through collaborative partnerships and networking.
- Champion service user involvement with colleagues and third-party agencies, work collaboratively to develop service user involvement.
- Develop service user led learning to help develop skills, build resilience, and strengthen communication. Identify training needs and organise appropriate training.
- Monitor and assess involvement of service users involved in regional network activities to prevent burnout.
- Address the barriers to involvement through by being open and flexible for understanding and adapting to the needs and views of service users.
- Provide support, information and advice to existing service user groups, and assist in the generation of new ones, particularly in areas where none exist.
- Meet regularly with service user groups and the regional network for team building, fostering strong relationships, sharing information and action planning.
- Chair meetings and take minutes when required.
- Facilitate service user response to relevant consultations, research, and involvement opportunities. Support service user representatives to sit on relevant regional groups and provide support to representatives to meet the tasks required of them.
- Carryout duties in line with the organisation’s policy on equality and diversity.
- Contribute to a positive, supportive, and effective team working environment.
- Take responsibility for own continuous professional development through training opportunities.
- Actively participate in supervision, appraisals, work planning and training as required.
- Undertake any other relevant duties as identified by the CEO.
The duties of the post will be subject to review in accordance with the needs of the organisation.